Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extended Topology

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazlimit

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
US
We have NNM 6.4 w/ET with Two Mgmt Station in two locations and 15 CS at remote sites every thing is remotely mgmt, we are using ssh, Exceed to do this. The problem that we are having is with the Extended Topology from the Mgmt station,or workstation it takes about 15 min for Java to load the view, then take another 10 if you drill down on an Object, Do anyone know of a way to speed this process up. Need help.

Ok....first off I got a solution...but let me give you some background.

I have the exact same problem. I have tried multiple options ...I am using Solaris 8 and have applied all the patches....updated the Java to the 64 bit and still nada. The workaround is to use VNC...it smokes compared to exceed and is GNU licensed. You can get it at Unfortunately I am required to use EXceed but maybe you dont have the limitation. Please let me know how you went about upgrading to 6.4, ie previous version; how was it obtained (website?). I am in the middle of a comlete reinstall with a fresh CD and keeping my fingers crossed. Its strange that VNC works fine...2 minutes max for the dynamic views.

Hope you find this helpful. Just a quick tip if you use VNC. Make sure you edit the VNCSERVER file so the first line points to the correct perl path...and you can get that path by typing "which perl".

Take Care,

Charlie U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back