Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXT3-ACL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepico

MIS
Jan 6, 2002
HK
Hi,

I guess RH9 has enabled ACL in their kernel so I run "setfacl -m u:jack:rx,m::rwx filename" but then got "Operation not support" error message. Okay, I went to kernel.org and downloaded 2.4.20 kernel-source and Debian downloaded kernel-patch-acl for 2.4.20. After patched the source without error and finished all the kernel configuration (enabled all FS-EXT3-ACL functions), compilation and installation and booted up properly but when I tried the setfacl command again I still got the same error message... Is there any problem with the command? Or I need to add some extra options in the fstab when mount with EXT3 to enable ACL? Any hints...?

Jack

I've finally resolved it!!! After the patched kernel is ready, I need to add an extra option into the mount command or /etc/fstab. This extra option is "acl"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back