Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expression for defined report Sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

btetsola

Technical User
Oct 19, 2013
Hi

I have created a report which I want to custom sort based on specific values of a field. Eg. Table records 4000. Field to sort by [Progarea]. I want to sort by 13 unique records in field [Progarea]. I have tried to create expressions but there does not appear to be enough rows.

Thanks

Benson

btetsola,

I'm not understanding your question. "Sort by" suggests to display the records in a specific order. I'm not sure if this is what you mean or do you mean filter?

Can you provide some specific data and how you want the records to appear in your report?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. I would like to custom define the sort order of my report. Non-Alphabetical and Non-Numerical. eg sort order: 'wde' 'mre' 'ade' and so on.

Thanks again

I would create a table with a field for the values and a field for the sort order. Then join this table into the record source of your report so you have the sort order field available to sort by.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Hi

That sounds like a plan!!

Thanks again

Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back