Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

express will not send msgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim2

Programmer
Oct 18, 2001
All of a sudden my outlook express has errored out when sending mail. I have tried everything even reinstalling the latest IE. Can anyine help with this. The error is listed below: Thanks

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'symanteccs@digitalriver.com'. Subject 'download', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 .net 022: Your current IP address is not allowed to relay to digitalriver.com Solution: Connect using BellSouth Internet Service.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

some isps do not allow email relaying .. ie You have accounts with ISP1 and ISP2. If you login to the net from ISP1 and try to send email using your ISP2 account is will not let you send it from ISP2 as your SMTP settings do not match ISP1's. To get around this you can eiether log in as the other account, use that isp's webmail or change your smtp setting to the other ISP....

I know this reply is a little confising but i hope it helps...

Thanks much jdognz, i will look at this...I do beleive I had set up another account at about this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back