Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Pdf-RGB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertw477

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
I am working on a fairly large catalog project. At the end of the project I will export to pdf and give a print ready pdf to the printer. Almost all of the images are placed psd files rgb. I know Acrobat will convert the RGB images to CMYK. Should I convert them anyway to CMYK before the export?

Rob

In my opinion it is better to convert to cmyk and to check out the colours right off. CMYK and RGB are different and after conversion you will have differences. To try to get as close to the colour you want change them yourself and if you have a high quality colour printer print it to see what it looks like.

You will still probably have a little difference between the final printer version and your version but you should have a better idea of how it will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back