Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting to ms access

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynn

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
US
Is there a good way to retain the relationships between tables when exporting from MS Project to MS Access (using Project 2002 and Access 2000)?

I haven't tried this in a long time, but I think I remeber that if you set up a template database with all the tables linked you can copy over the individual tables without losing the relationship.

Thanks for the response. I am not sure it is applicable to my problem. I have several fully resource-loaded MS Project schedules that I have combined into one MS Project file. I then try to do a "save as" into an Access database. There is no export map that pops up to customize the fields to export, so they all get exported whether they are populated or not. Result is that I have around 40 different tables with no relationships set between them. I'm not familiar enough with Access to leap in and manually re-set the relationships between tables, so I was hoping to find someone who knows of a wizard or a macro that could help in the process. All clues and leads are helpful, thanks again.
klynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back