Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbermudez

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
US
We are in the process of switching from v8.5 to 9. Our endusers are concerned that v9 does not keep the same formatting in excel as do v8.5 reports.

In version 9, when we export to Excel 2000 97-2000, the text control function of the worksheet Wraps text and Merges cells arbitrarily. When we export the data to Excel 2000 97-2000(data only), the columns stay in place, but we loose many of the headers.

Version 8.5 exports to excel are perfect (columns and hearders align, not extra spaces, etc...) The same report in version 9 adds spaces, wraps text, etc...

any thoughts?

XL in 85 = good, XL in 9 = not so good

You are not going to see the same XL export in 9 as you do in 85. my experience is you can either accept it and modify reports to suit the excel (some bits anyway) or stick with 85.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Our site is on Cyrstal 8.5 with no current plans to move. But I've seen it mentioned here that it's cheap to retain Crystal 8.5 for a few reports while moving on to Crystal 9 for the rest. I think you can even have both on the same machine and it might be your best solution.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back