Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPORTING TO EXCEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslied

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Upon exporting to Excel, certain fields do not show up in the Excel report.

What would be possible causes for that?

Can anyone help with this question?

Thanks

Hi

How are you doing the export?

In code via DoCmd?

In code via Excel automation?

Using File \ Export?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Hi

So what are you experting, a table or a query?

Are you sure that if it is a query it actually has the relevant columns SELECTed ?

Regards

Ken Reay

I believe i am exporting the query since i am viewing the report first then i export it.....

yes...
everything that needs to be selected is... since I am using this same query to run other reports and upon exporting that other report, everything shows up on the excel file...Thus my incomprehension as to why this one doesn't do the same....

thanks

Hi

Are you are exporting the report, in that case calculated columns on the report do not export, no do totals, sub totals, etc, do the 'missing' columns fall into that category?

Regards

Ken Reay

you are certainly correct there.... yes the mising columns fall in that catefory...

Hi

So (if possible) you need to make the query contain the calculated fields, rather than calculate them in the report, obviously this cannot be done for totals etc but may be possible for other items

Regards

Ken Reay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back