Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisM3

Programmer
Aug 21, 2003
US
I'm trying to export a table to Excel using SQL's Server DTS wizard, when I click finish I get the following pop up window that reads:"Failed to copy 1 table(s). Double click on the error row for a detailed description of the error."

So when I double click on the error, I get the following:"Column name 'IPMP1.PREV.DTOT' was not found".

Any clues anyone?? Thanks!

Is 'IPMP1.PREV.DTOT' a field within the table you are trying to export?

Thanks

J. Kusch

Are there any other field names that have the "." as a seperator?

Thanks

J. Kusch

Yes there are other columns named with "." as a separator (all of them actually).

J !! It is the fact that the export utility DOES NOT LIKE THE "." separator!! I'm going to have to change all my names and eliminate the "." Thank you sooo much!!!

A very Happy man,
Dennis

Interesting ... I am wondering if DTS is trying to translate the field name into a fully qualified name. That beinging [DatabaseName].[TableName].[FieldName].

Is 'IPMP1.PREV.DTOT' the first field of your table? If so, can we temporarily rename it so test1, run your DTS export again and check the error message to see if it fails on the field name directly after the renamed "test1" field.

Thanks

J. Kusch

EXCELLENT ... sorry for the late post. please disreguard since we have tracked down the issue. Have a great weekend!

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back