Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to DIVX, problems with Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiper327b

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hello,

I've been trying to export a short 45 sec. clip as a DIVX file. I use the DIVX 5.05 Pro codec, and everything is fine and dandy with the video. The problem lies in the audio department. When I go to select the audio, MP3 is not an option. I've tried encoding with the other audio options, including uncompressed PCM, but no sound will play, just video.

So, herein lies the question. Is this a problem with Premiere, or do I have some files missing from my computer? Whatever the problem may be, this is tres irritating.

Thanks for any help.

what I usually do is export it in premiere with divx5.05pro video codec and uncompressed audio.
Then import it in virtualdub, with Video:Direct Stream Copy and Audio:Fulll Processing Mode.
Then choose mp3 in Audio->Compression and File->Save as AVI

Thanks for the help. I'll try that out, see if it works.

The divx video-codec is just that: a video-codec. If you also need the audio to be compressed then it's necessary to install an audio-codec. You can find audio-codecs on sites like if you need only a specific version, or install the Nimo Codec-pack.

I downloaded the Nimo codec pack, but when I install all the audio codecs, Premiere won't boot up properly, it hangs when trying to load "ZigZag."

In the end, however, I think I might be missing some files from my computer. Even when I encode the video to Divx and the audio to uncompressed PCM, the audio still will not play in Windows Media Player.

I'm going to re-format my hard drive and reinstall Premiere and see what happens. If I'm still unsuccessful, then I'll just wash all my troubles away in a gluttonous feast of pizza and beer.

I'm having a similar problem with premiere. My file sizes are huge! I'm exporting using divx codec for video, but I would like to compress the audio too. I've installed nimo codec pack build 8, but I only have the following options for audio compressor:

dsp group truespeech
gsm 6.10
ccitt u-law
ccitt a-law
microsoft ADPCM
uncompressed

None of these seem to do a good job of compression. Is there anything else i would need to do after installing NEMO to make the mp3 encoding available in premiere? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks...
P.S. I'm new, but I did a search :)

This looks like a fairly neglected thread, but I'll give it a shot.

I have the exact same issue with the current version of Premiere, Adobe Premiere Pro. Mp3 compression is not an option under audio compression when exporting a video. The only ways I've seen mp3 output possible through Premiere is (a) exporting audio only, or (b) selecting "windows waveform" for video file type. I usually prefer to export .avi files, and compress video with DivX, but there is no decent audio compressor available when exporting .avi.

I have the LAME mp3 Encoder installed as well as the Fraunhofer mp3 Encoder included with Musicmatch Jukebox 10. Neither of these is recognized by Adobe Premiere. Adobe Audition 1.5 is supposed to be capable of encoding mp3 as well, so I installed it to see if it would provide a compatible encoder, but this didn't work either.

So far I have also used the two step--Premiere then VirtualDub--process mentioned above. It gets the job done, but it would be nice to get a finished product in ONE export straight from Premiere. Needless to say, exporting video can take a VERY long time.

If anyone knows of an mp3 encoder that works with Adobe Premiere, I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back