Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to csv format

Status
Not open for further replies.

vngpal

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
Hello All!
When I try to export to character separatred value format from Crystal Report and want to open with notepad I found (the first line and at each group starting line) the text is wrapped. All I need is when exporting to csv format there should not be any word wrap. Is there any way to do this? I can manually do this but when I have more than 100 pages it takes long time. Any suggestions?
I use CR version 8.5 and SQL server database.

Thanks in advance,
vngpal

Make sure that all objects are the same height and are aligned at the top.

Lassoo each sections objects and use the right click align and size to make sure.

They shouldn't word wrap, but then, 2 sections being exported isn't a CSV file either...

-k

Thanks for the reply. Everything is perfect as mentioned but still first line in each first group is wrapped. The same situation continues. I am exporting multiple sections.

vngpal

Perhaps it's extending beyond the width and that ompacts it.

Try a wider page setup or install the HP Designjet 3500CPS and try that in 36x108 landscape.

-k

I suspect the solution is much simpler -- just turn off word wrap in Notepad (under the Format menu).

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Ido: this was a continuation of an earlier thread and I had suggested that.

-k

Thanks for all your reply. This is not just beacuse of Word wrap in notepad format or printer setup. When all the data are not word wrapped only the first line of the Group1 is wrapped. If its is because of word wrap format or printer or page setup how the other lines are not wrapped? I feel it is the bug in CR.

Thanks again,
vngpal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back