Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting results to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

millzy7

Programmer
Dec 9, 2003
US
The resultset returned from my query is 120,000 records.

I need to automatically export this data to excel but since excel only handles 65536 rows, i'm in trouble..

Whats the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Millzy

I would export it to a .csv file (comma-separated values).
Break that file into two files and import them into two worksheets in the same workbook....

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

How can i "break" the csv file into two? do you mean manually?

Yes, use Notepad, Wordpad, etc.

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Millzy,
Have you considered creating a link to your table/query from Excel? You can filter the linked records.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Do you mean manually import the data or is there some automated way of linking to the access tables? Can it handle more than one sheets worth of records?

In Excel select Data->Import External Data->New Database Query...->Ms Access Database. Then browse to find your MDB and select the table or query and then fields. Set a filter/criteria to select the records you want to include.

This creates a dynamic link to your Access data.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back