Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodspeed7

Programmer
Sep 1, 2005
US
Hey all, i know someone has had to do this before.

I am running a DTS package and the last step is to run this report export to PDF and send it to our clients. I know how to call a report to generate only as a PDF through the URL, but i cant get it to save automatically in a file so the DTS process can attach it an email.

Any ideas how i can export a PDF file to a specific location without having to click save???

Thanks for any ideas!!!!

You need to set up a subscription - this allows for output to a file server - get to the subscriptions area via the RS Report Manager interface

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Yes, but the DTS is run on demand not schedule, sometimes a few hours and sometimes weekly. I want to call the report on demand to populate. I have only seen subscriptions populate at specific times.

Can you set them up to be called by a trigger? I was hopeing there was a way to do it through the URL to automatically get it to save.

well you didn't provide that info to start with - sorry - the only way I have done it is via subscription

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Geoff,

No need for sorry i appreshiate any idea that is sound, right now i am stuck and this package is supposed to be released to QA on monday, they will not be happy when i tell them they have less days to work lol.

anyone else have a clue???

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back