Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting reports to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

techkenny1

Technical User
Jan 23, 2009
AU
Hi,
Ive had a look at the report archives to see how reports can be exported to PDF, but so many there!
What I need to do is to be able to meet customers request by forwarding invoices by PDF, then by email.
How easy is this to do? For example on a day by day basis we would create some 50 invoices, but they would be divided into several companies. Would each invoice have to be converted independantly according to company.? I'm just not sure how to go about this.

Many thanks

Hi Techkenny1,
I am assuming that your invoices are a report from an Access app.
I had a similar requirement and solved it programmatically using ConvertReportToPDF from this website. Once it is installed into your app, it's just one line of code to output the report as a PDF file.

Otherwise you could try DeskPDF (google it) if you want to do it on an ad-hoc basis. That also works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back