Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting reports to pdf files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

itechC

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
CA
Hello,

I would like to automate the process of exporting my Microsoft access reports to PDF format and have the file saved in a specific location. I over 30 reports so its taking some time to print each one as a pdf and save the file. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

B555,
Isn't PublishPDF a driver that needs to be installed?

I'm not sure about that, I was working tn 2003 and didn't need to install a driver to use it. It came with my 2003 version I think. All it does is take your string file and save it as a PDF where ever you want to put it.

Hello, I am trying to use the Save as .pdf. I can get it to work with the .pdf add-in, but I can't limit the export to the record in view only. I tried using the same criteria I used for the printing....works fine for printing, but nothing happens using the following:

Private Sub Label466_Click()
Dim strCriteria As String
strCriteria = "[QME/AME Information]![number]=[Forms]![QME/AME Information]![number]"
DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "intronar", acFormatPDF, , strCriteria
End Sub

Put the cursor inside the OutputTo word in your code and then press the F1 key to discover what are the expected parameters of this method.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I still can't make only the record in view export to .pdf. I am using

Dim strCriteria As String
strCriteria = "[QME/AME Information]![number]=[Forms]![QME/AME Information]![number]"
DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "intronar", acFormatPDF, , strCriteria
End Sub

Again, there is NO criteria parameter for the OutputTo method !
Base your report on a query using this form's parameter.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks PHV...the form in displaying only the individual record as specified by my filter:

"[QME/AME Information]![number]=[Forms]![QME/AME Information]![number]"

I have a button on the form with:

DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "intronar", acFormatPDF, ,
End Sub

This outputs ALL records still..even though the form is already filtered.

I am not a programmer...obviously. So not sure if I am using the correct terminology

What is the RecordSource property of the intronar report ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks..I've been going crazy with this.
Record source is a Query (ML Report Query)
I tried the filter =Forms!carriernarrative!recnumber

(the form "carriernarrative" is open and "recnumber" is the name of the feild "number".

When I run this, the record in view displays and all records in the DB continue to show, also the feild contents are not being shown for the record being displayed! This is out of control now. I think the query or the filter are out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back