Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting report to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

joobi

Programmer
May 4, 2003
AE
When exporting from CR 7.0 to excel am getting blank rows after each row of data exported. Am using W2K with Office XP. Any solution for it?

thanks and regards
joobi

Shrink your details section so there is no white space at all between records.

Now having said that, why are you exporting to Excel?

Typically people export to Excel because they are very comfortable with Excel and they do further manipulation of the data once they get it there. In about 99% of these cases, this is not necessary at all - the further manipulation can be done with Crystal Reports.

So if this is the reason you are exporting to Excel, lets start tkaing your issues one at a time in specific questions "How to I do ______ with Crystal?".

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

there's no space in the detail section.

The reason why which i am exporting to excel is because the users want to manipulate it. Different users do it in diferent ways and methods. So I am giving them the basic data on which they can further work.

The problem with exporting is not happening on all the pc's.
It works fine on my pc; W2K with Office XP. But doesn't work on another pc with same settings.

Help.

Exports to Excel from crystal are always messy. Thats another reason I am against it. You might try downloading the export drivers hot fix at the crystal decisions website.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Crystal 8.5 exports got a lot better when they upgraded the dlls this year. Worth checking if there is anything equivalent for Crystal 7.

Beyond that, trial-and-error is the main way of getting rid of gaps. It's down to the way the export logic reads your report, and space-filled text is a way of stopping it getting the columns wrong.

Excess rows are ususally caused by space between lines. Before we got our upgrades, some of us were writing a special version of particualr reports just for Excel export, since our business users found Excel much more useful. (They could do their own analysis without knowledge of Crystal, maybe doing things that Crystal could not or adding data not on the database.)

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back