Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting radiosity solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tschibo

Programmer
Jul 24, 2002
DE
Hi there!
Is there a way to export the radiosity solution in 3DSMax 5?
What i want to do is the following:
I build a scene, execute the advanced lighting/radiosity stuff. Doing so, every vertex gets a color which represents the "lightness" of that vertex calculated by the radiosity method.
Now i want to extract that color of each vertex, ideally as part of an ASE export.

Unfortunately i haven't found a way to extract that information. What exporter supports this or do i need any plugins to manage this?

Thanx
Christoph

do you want to export the mesh as in the physical model to be used in another program? Or do you just want to export the illuminance/luminance values?

Hi leonec,
the physical model is no problem. I just want to export the luminance values for each vertex. The only "open" format i have found is VRML97, it seems, that the luminance values are exported to this format correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back