Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting "Contacts" and Sub-folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak2112

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2001
I want to export my "Contacts" folder in ms outlook 2000, but when i do it only exports the contact folder and contacts and none of its subfolders. is there a way to setup the export feature to export all the subfolders of my "contacts" as well?

I've had something similar that I tried to resolve. Basically when you search through Microsoft they admit that this can't be done. However, I did find a workaround - in Outlook Express, anyway. If you open up the Address Book and click on the subfolders you can see the contents (names) in each one. Hold the shift key and click on the first contact name to select them all and then right click and choose copy. You can then paste these (as .vcf files) in to any folder you care to create (I use Explorer [and right click each of the sub-folders in the Address Book, choose properties and then highlight the folder name copy it] then paste that name when creating a new folder - that way you save the exact same name for each group.) Each one of the .vcf files is about 120 bytes so you should be able to send them around however you want. Long-winded but I hope it helps you.

Des Lavender
Hornchurch, ESSEX.

When you select to export to a .pst file, you should have a check box option to include subfolders. This check box is on the same window when you select your contacts folder.

Does anyone know how to make the Contacts in Outlook Express 5 and Microsoft Outlook the same???

i.e. sharing same Contacts folder for boths..please reply early...

IT Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back