Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Line Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
I am coming from a Cisco/Nortel world, and I can't seem to figure out how IP Offic (412) works.

I see the Extensions and the Users however I cannot figure out how phones are setup with extensions.

For instance, if a user has 3 line appearances in the Button Programming window, how do I figure out which extensions are on the line apppearances?

Is there a way to export all of the phone information so I can see what phones have what extenions programmed on them?

See it like this.

You have extensions and users.

Extensions have an extension numbers but user too.
When this matches then the user automatically is attached to the extension.
when it doesn't then the user needs to login on a extension.
The appearances are programmed for the user so you should not look at the extensions for this but with the users.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Can I export this information somehow?

I see users with 6 line appearances. However, no extension is listed. It just says appearance under Action and Telephone Number.

The line appearances in IP Office do not work like a key system, they are all the same extension, the extension of the user. They do not represent physical lines or other extensions. If you want to show the status of another extension, you use the USER option.

Appearence keys/buttons have nothing to do with other users/handsets.

"Line appearence" keys monitor the state of a specific line/channel and are for external incoming/outgoing calls on that line/channel (like a key system), the number you see against that button is what is assigned to that line/channel in Line settings.

"Appearence" keys are like Intercom keys on the Nortel, they are what you make and take calls on but do not reflect the state of any particular line/channel

"User" keys/buttons are what you are thinking of which can be used to show the state of and call the user assigned to that button :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

The help file is handy if you know what you are looking for, just look up everything under appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back