Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting jpg from illustrator cs2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisona

MIS
Sep 20, 2010
US
Hi all:

I am trying to export high-res (300) jpgs from Illustrator CS2 - and they consistently come out just a little larger.

My original size in Illustrator is 14.5" x 7" and the resulting jpg is 14.535 or something. And it's not even proportional so I could size it back down as a jpg.

I've even just placed a fixed-size box in Illustrator and exported that, and it still enlarges slightly. Same result w. tiff.

Thanks in advance -
allison

Make sure there are no hidden shapes or layers, or shapes without fills and strokes. Also if your shapes run right up to the edge, the outer edge of the strokes might be falling over the bounds of your desired image size.

Thank you so much. It was the strokes! on the outside edge of a background fill.

Now they are exporting to exact measurements.

Really appreciate it.
=A

yeah 'object> crop area> make' has saved me a lot of headaches and double-checking files in Photoshop once they've output

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back