Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldeva

Programmer
Mar 11, 2003
AU
I am using Crystal 7. If I export a report using Export button on Toolbar and use Excel 5, 6 or 7 the report data exports fine in excel but when I preview it the scale is set to 9 %. How can I set this to 100%.

When you preview in Excel or in Crystal?

There's a pull down in Excel which has the percent, adjust it.

Excel determines which view to use.

-k

Thanks. It is set to 9% when I preview in Excel. Is it possible to set it in Crystal so I do not have to change it in excel and always exports at 100 % scale.

Why are you exporting to excel? Usually people do this so they can further manipulate the data in excel. Instead of doing this, just format the field the way you want it to look in Crystal, and use that as your report.

My philosphy is to make Crystal produce the final report output as desired rather than exporting to excel and then further manipulating the data.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Thanks again. One of our client wants to export using MAPI and then send it to users. When users click print it is printed in very small font(because of 9% setup).
Is is any report setting that changing the setup to 9%

I am still at a loss. Why not just email it rather than exporting it to excel?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

DOes anyone know why the columns get messed up when you export to excel. Im using crstal reports 9 and need to export some reports to excel....anybody know how to fix this?

-Jacksparrrow

Jack,
If you check the box that says "Maintain column alignment" when exporting to Excel, then your colums will be straight.
BScentral

BScentral,

Where do you see this option? What version of Crystal?

askdon@srhconsulting.com

In CR 9, if you export to 'MS Excel 97-2000 (Data only)', it's one of your options.

-dave

Vidru, yeah i know about that option, but that is data only. My report is highly graphical and pretty complex, so when I export to excel(just the normal export). Excel tends to shift some lines arround and add extra columns.
I did some research and apparently its because Crystal reports uses an co-ordinate system to map the objects where excel uses a column based system. If you have "white space" in crystal it just adds extra columns in execel.
In order to fix this you have to design your crystal report using guidelines and to make sure that all objects are right up against each other and that there are no extra spaces!
If you get this perfect then the export to excel works pretty well!! :))

But thanks anyway!

-JackSparrrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back