Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting & Importing Data in VB Program and backend is Oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdyne

Programmer
May 1, 2001
IN
Hi all,

I want a solution for importing and exporting data comming from different tables of oracle database. I want to do this from within my vb program. Oracle being used is verson 8.0

The basic Idea is
1. To transfer data from one office to another.
2. To take backups.

What i want is if I get data from different tables of oracle in a text file i can mail it to other office and at other office I can import it back from text file to oracle.
Also if this data can be extracted on record basis instead of whole table that would be more helpful.

All you brains can u help me ? This would be of great help
Thank you.

If you extract the data via ADO, you can persist it (save it) into anx XML file automatically, using the ADO recordset object.

In order to return it into the other database, simply read it in from the persisted (saved) XML file, again using ADO recordset object.

robinmiller , ty for your reply

Can u please take yr precious time to explain me this in detail ?

I am relatively new to VB programming. I am using ADO to connect to database but this xml thing went bouncer to me. Please help me.

Thanks.

Try looking at this in the HELP file of VB

ADO and data-aware class application, reading delimited text file

Ill try and help a bit later. Sorry really busy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back