Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Gantt Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyjohn

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Hi all,
I am totally new to Project and Im finding it all not too bad but the one thing I want to do is export a page view of the Gantt chart which is graphical rather than text. I want all the bars in an image or HTML doc or visio or something but I cant work out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Hi John, if you've not fixed this already I can offer my suggestions.
I used to publish project updates to users without project installed using the export to GIF option. However, I was using Project 97 and the results were never very good (it's just way too buggy). I upgraded to Project 2002 and clicking exactly the same buttons give a much better result with this version. It's the camera icon on the toolbar to export to GIF incidentally.
Alternatively, you could consider installing Project Central if all you're trying to do is publish project updates.

Hope this helps,
Mark.

The copy picture (or camera icon) should do this but remember to move the divider between the tabular bits of your gantt and the graphical bit, across to the left - this will ensure that the tabular bits do not appear on the gif. You may also need to adjust the date range to ensure that the gif is readable.

Hope this make sense.

Even Easier--go to print preview and print it as a PDF file (assuming you have Adobe Acrobat Writer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back