Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting from access to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
my pc was upgraded from nt to xp. and now when i try to export from access to excel files, it is just not happening. can anyone please tell me what the problem could be and how to solve it.

Did you upgrade Office at the same time?

How were you exporting the data before -- cut and paste, or through code?

Check your references...
From the Access database window
Alt-F11 to open the VBA window
Then, from the menu, "Tools" -> "References"
Should have
- Visual Basic for applications
- Microsoft Access x.xx Object library
- Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects x.x library
- OLE Automation
...and Add
- Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object library

Known issue is that DAO not included on the default install for Access 2000 and newer. But DAO is the default with Access 97. (DAO code will not work)

May have to be specific in referencing DAO or ADO in code.
eg:
Dim dbs as [COLOR=blue yellow]DAO[/color].Database, rst as [COLOR=blue yellow]DAO[/color].Recordset

Make sure service packs for the Office product are installed.

Richard

Also, what do you mean by "just not happening"? I assume there's no error message, you just click the button and Access acts like everything went fine. Have you tried searching for the Excel file with the XP search function? It's possible that since the upgrade, files are being put in different directory then they were before. If you're on a work network, you might check your network drives, too.

Just muddling my way through.

i'll get back to you with the details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back