Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting/Formatting Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanzek1

Technical User
Jun 13, 2012
US
I have a report that is working perfectly and looks great. However, the person who requested the report would like it to be exportable. The problem I am having is there are 5 subreports that make up 5 different columns. When I export the report no matter what options I use the subreports go down instead of across. Is there a way around this?

This is how I want the report to export:
Column Headers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Group Subreport #1 Subreport #2 Subreport #3 Subreport #4 Subreport #5

This is how it is exporting:
Column Headers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Group
Subreport #1
Subreport #2
Subreport #3
Subreport #4
Subreport #5

You've double-posted, but not explained in any detail what you are doing. What export? Are the subreports side-by-side?

Also it helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 2008 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

Please suppress the post in Forum 1, say that anyone who knows should post here.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back