Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting DB causes input ability to disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMJ

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
US
We have developed an Access application with a frontend and a backend. The application works great - until we send it to another site for use. Of course, they have to relink the frontend and backend once it is installed - no problem there.

However, the new user is not able to input new records - the "arrow and star" are grayed out - using the forms in the frontend. I have looked at all the places I know of where inputing new records could be blocked, but can't find anything. Need I say that this feature works fine here where the application was developed.

Anyone able to give me an idea?

THANKS.

Harry Jessen
HMJessen@Yahoo.com

TO: BNPMike

Nope, no CD. We zipped the DB and then sent it over the network to the distant server. (This was a direct transfer, not an email.) The file was unzipped, and the rest is history.

Any ideas?

Harry Jessen
HMJessen@Yahoo.com

TO: BNPMike

Everything appears normal. No error or alert messages.

I had one person - a local user who I know - tell me that it happend to them and they had to go in and recreate each query, form and report before this problem disappeared. There must be an easier way.

Harry Jessen
HMJessen@Yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back