Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting datagrid to Excel;works,but Excel looks funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

treviboy

Programmer
Dec 18, 2006
US
hi,

I am able to export a datagrid to Excel, but when I look at it, inside each cell, it has colored every other row with gray which looks funny. This doesn't bug me very much, but there are some other things it does that aren't right.
When I click on the header for a column, it displays the javascript code that the grid uses to sort the row, since I have sorting on.

Is there a way I can get rid of all these things before exporting it? I am curious what other people do in this case.

thanks much.

I forgot this too- If I only want to save my datagrid to Excel and not Open it, how do I do that? I know to save it, but I know that if somebody tries to use 'open' they will get an error. ....I have looked for this on Google, but I haven't found a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back