Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPORTING DATA IN CRYSTAL REPORTTO EXCEL WITHOUT HAVING BLANK SPACES IN THE ROWS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Caster

Programmer
Feb 28, 2018
PH
Hello,
I have report exporting to excel, but after exporting the coversion of data from crystal report
going to excel created blank rows between populated rows. i am using VB6.0 and crystal report version 8.5
is the version could be possible reason of having blank rows inserted?

thanks
-Laura

It will be alignment and size of the report cells.

Assuming your data is in Details.
Highlight first cell and make sure it is at top of section adjust to size you want.
Now highlight all cells and make sure Cell 1 is selected right click and select Size and position.
Align all other cells with top of cell 1 and then make height same as Cell1.
Make sure detail section now has no white space underneath cells, this should eliminate blank rows when exporting to excel.
Ian

In the details line (or whatever section where the displayed data is). Make sure the objects are at the top of the section (check Size and Position for the object) and line up all). Then do a Fit Section. That should eliminate any extra white space.

Is it mandatory that your report does not have any Groups in use?
With one only Detail section in play it seems that the export to Excel will go
cleanly.
Any tips on exporting when using Groups to group data and then performing an export to Excel?

Just a guess. When I was working with Business Objects report exports, most, especially complex reports such as you describe, were a mess to import into Excel.

So what I ended up doing was exporting the data from the query that was the source data for the report. THAT WORKED!!!

Any chance of exporting that data?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Here is a blog post that provides several helpful links for solving Excel Export problems.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back