Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Crystral 9 Report to Excel Worksheet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaime13

Programmer
Feb 27, 2004
GB
Can anybody help please, I am trying to export multiple reports to the same excel file but in different worksheets, is this possible and can you export one of them with data only. Thank you

Jaime,

Are these multiple reports or one report with multiple groups within it?

I know of no solution for multiple reports, but there's a solution that allows exporting to excel so that each group becomes a sheet (Tab) inside a single excel file.

Even multiple reports can be forced into the solution above by placing them as subreports in GH1a, GH1b, GH1c, etc. within a Main report and suppressing the sections to ensure only one subreport is visible in each Group break.

In any case, at least one of the 3rd-party Report Managers listed at allows you to do what I'm describing above.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thank you for replying but is the only solution third party software?

Correct. The only other option is to write your own application to do this (using Crystal's runtime components).

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back