Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Crystal Report using VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemRod

Programmer
Nov 7, 2006
US
We have hesitated to upgrade our current VB6 app that runs and exports Crystal Reports because we are eventually going to retire it in favor of 3rd party software that will do it for us. In the meantime I have been tasked to move our VB6 app that runs and exports our reports to one of our main servers for security and other varous reasons.

Locally we are using a Crystal Reports 9.0. Our VB6 app runs and exports our reports using this version. Our server we are trying to move it to has Crystal XI installed. I had to make some adjustments because of this (Late Binding) to help make this work, but I have one bug I cannot figure out. The app fails on this piece of code

rep.Export (False)

Rep obviously representing the open report object. I get a message such as this "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

This works locally using Crystal 9.0 but cannot figure out what the syntax is to get it to export in Crystal XI

If any one can offer a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Chris

'rep.Export False' is the correct syntax. Since you are not prompting the user for options I would suggest checking your export options. For example:

rep.ExportOptions.DestinationType
rep.ExportOptions.DiskFileName
rep.ExportOptions.FormatType

plus many format specific options

Yes, sorry I am populating all the necassary values so the user does not need prompt.

I guess my question is: Is there a difference between doing this in Crystal 9.0 and Crystal XI? Because it works now using Crystal 9.0

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back