Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Crystal report to ms-wrod

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshaddesai

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
IN
Hello ,
i am facing a problem with crystal reports with the export option . i want to export my report in ms-word . however after i export the report i cannot see the lines and boxes . why does this happen ? any solution ?also can i use a table in a crystal report (not boxes) ?

I usually find the best way to get to word is via HTML - have you tried that?

Crystal sometimes recommends exporting to RTF, then opening that file with Word.

Thanx DaveHowe for ur early reply ... hey i have never tried that .... can you plz explain me the process ....

Thanx balves ,
the report does show the lines and the boxes in the rtf format ... i have tried that before ... now plz tell me is there any way i can add a table in crystal report(i specifically mean a table - not a box ) .... if u know plz let me know .

Hi Harshad,

I was also having the same problem of not displaying the lines & boxes.I have tried RTF format. It shows the lines but it is not showing the last line of the box.
I am not understanding why????

Can u tell me???

hi nitika ,
so u can try using lines instead of the box ... and yup tell me how can i use a table in cystal report ( i specifically meam a table and not a box ) ... can u tell me that ....

Hi Harshad,
I have tried lines also but it is not giving the exact format.
& what do u want?? tell me more clearly.
If u want report in a tabular form then u can choose tabular form from the select expert.
& u will get it in the tabular form.

Hi Nitika ,
this is regarding ur problem - i tried exporting the report to rtf format ... i did show the last line of the report ... no problems at all ... i think ther may be some problem in the design of ur report ... probabaly the last line does not fit in the page .... just check out tht ....

My problem - wht i wanna exactly do is export a tabular report to ms-word or even in the rtf format .... tht client says he may want to add a column after the report is exported ... is tht possible .... secondly ... an report exported to word does not show lines at all ... why ?

Crystal Decisions has a download .dll to fix alot of the export to word formatting - crxf_wor.dll. I downloaded and followed instructions. I used either RTF exact format or Word Exact format as my export to file type.
Sorry I do not remember the article, but doing a search on their site should bring it up.
Karen in Kyle, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back