Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Contacts from Outlook 2000 to 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingleboy

Technical User
Oct 30, 2004
US
I have an employee that I am walking though (over the phone) exporting his data from Outlook 2000 to his new computer with Outlook 2002. I told him to export his entire .pst file (his entire mailbox including subfolders- and contacts was listed under his mailbox) He succesfully imported his .pst file and everything showed up EXCEPT his contacts. After that didn't work I told him to export just his contacts in .pst format, and then import them. They never showed up. The only way he can import is through .pst (due to the fact that he does not have the MS Office 2002 disk with him- and cannot install the conversion pack for the other format such as comma-seperated values etc...) Where should I go from here and am I doing this incorrectly?? Thanks crew,

J

Depending on how Outlook 2K was set up, it could be using the Windows Address Book for contacts. Have the user open the Windows Address Book directly (Start, Programs, Accessories, Address Book). If it contains his contacts, export from there.

Hmm that didn't work either. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back