Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting as PST file

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslearning25

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
CA
Hope someone can assist me with this.

It seems that when I export email from Outlook to a pst file I seem to lose the distribution list members.

The distribution list is there, but not members are included.

I have tried this on several PC's, and when i did a test export on my PC my distribution lists stayed in tack.

Is there a settting with Outlook2000 where I can turn this feature on all of the time?

Thanks in advance

I think the members are stored in your Personal Address Book if I'm not mistaken. That would explain why the test works on your PC, because your address book is still linked.

Try exporting the PST and PAB to another PC and see if the distribution list carries over.

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

I'm alittle confused about the difference of a Address Book and the contact list.

Could you differentiate between the two for me?

AlwaysLearning25

As I understand it, the Contacts list is built into the PST or Exchange Server profile. The Personal Address Book uses a separate file with the extension .PAB. I don't really use the Contacts list, but I believe it does have the advantage of storing more information per contact. I'm sure there are other advantages, but just know that they work a little differently.

Are you sure you're using a PAB?

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back