Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Access Report with formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbo1977

Programmer
May 9, 2006
GB
Hi All

I have the following code in my Datbase for emailing the access report.

Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, , acFormatRTF, _
    "graham.millichap@northyorks.gov.uk", , , _
    "Test Email", "test", False, False

If I export to RTF the report looks just as it does in Access which is what I want but my users would prefer the infromation in Excel as they can then fill in the blanks. Problem is when I export into excel I lose the look and feel of it and when opened in Excel the Title from the top of the report is gone, any ideas how I can get it to stay?

Thanks

Graham

By "Export to Excel" do you mean using acFormatXLS instead of acFormatRTF?

John

If I use acFormatXLS then I lose the title and it just looks liek a notmal datasheet. I want to use XLS but keep the formatting like when you use RTF

Gra

Could you not have the data entry in Access to fill in the blanks, then output the completed report using either Access Snapshot or PDF (using the Access 2007 Save as PDF or XPS addon). Both will produce perfect non editable reports which you can have complex formatting on.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back