Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a TOC to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus27

Technical User
Apr 19, 2005
US
Hi,

I am trying to export a document to PDF format. However, for some reason, my level 2 TOC entries do not properly display leaders between the entry and page number. For example, the TOC may look similar to this:

Heading 1.............................1
Heading 2..p 2
Heading 2.q 3
Heading 1.............................4

The problem only seems to apply to my 2nd level headings. I played with the style indents for the TOC and this seemed to help the problem. But now the indents are not quite the way I want them.

The TOC looks fine in InDesign and looks OK when I distill it from a .ps file. The problem only occurs when I directly export to PDF from InDesign.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Since you're getting the postscript ok, this one seems to be a true mystery.

You could try selcting everything in the TOC and locking position. You could also go back over any paragraph styles (as opposed to TOC styles) applied to TOC, but that would seem unnecessary since the posscript/distill was fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried locking the position but got the same result.

I'm guessing this is a bug with InDesign, since adjusting the style's indents seems to affect the PDFs appearance. I'll just have to live with the indents being a little out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back