Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a scheduled WebI report in CSV format

Status
Not open for further replies.

megs7

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
IN
Hi,

Is there any way to export a scheduled WebI report in CSV format. Current only the following output format options are available while scheduling a WebI report:
1) Web Intelligence
2) Microsoft Excel
3) Adobe Acrobat

Its so strange that CSV option is not available in the above list because it is possible to save a WebI report in CSV format. Could anyone please provide inputs on this ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Megh

it's not possible without some customiztion.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Hi Steve,

Have do you done this type of customization before. I want to know the following things:
1) Is it possible to achieve this?
2) What sort of customization needs to be done?
- Do we need to do some configuration in the CMC (if this is the case, can you please mention the changes to be done)
or
- Do we need to write some code using the BO SDK for the csv option to appear (if this is the case, can you please give an idea of the process to be followed to do it)

Meghana

If you're writing the report with the purpose of exporting it, just do it in the BO client. Those can be exported to CSV with the scheduler.

I'm not an SDK person. I have a guy on my team who is. The code is there to do what you want, but not to do it from the standard screens.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Hello Steve,

Thanks a lot for the information. Is it possible to send me the code for this.

Regards,
Meghana

Unfortunately, not. It was very hard to find and took a great deal of effort. We ultimately decided, it wasn't worth it since it could be done with DeskI reports.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back