Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a Report in TXT format

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaoNigar

Programmer
Sep 30, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have a report with only one field in it. I have about 2000 records that are repeating line after line, quite close to each other.

I need to export this report in txt format, but it keeps inserting blank line about every 3 lines.

I have export it in rtf format and it's perfect, but I really need to export it in txt.

Do you know why and how I could repair this ?

are you using code to export or the menus?

if you're using code, can you post your code?
it may be a matter of just changing your code from a .rtf extension to a .txt extension.

have you tried the office links and publishing with word?

Came upon the same exact problem today. I'm not running code to export it, just choosing File - Save As\Export... from within Access to a .txt file.

Inserts a blank on every third line...

I am experiencing the same problem. I've been searching this site for hours and I've seen multiple questions about this issue. Unfortunately, no one ever seems to get an answer. I'd give plenty of stars to anyone who could give us an answer here.

When you say it is inserting a blank line, how are you viewing the txt file? Have you turned off word wrap. It is possible that one of your fields is longer than the rest.

My report consists of only 1 field. When viewed in Access no blank lines are visible. When exported and viewed in Notepad, there is a blank line inserted after every 3rd line.

Have you turned off Word Wrap (Format --> Word Wrap)?

Do you need to trim this field before exporting in case there are spaces at the end of the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back