Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a PDF from PageMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

FictionKing

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
US
I'm working on a printing project, but I have a problem exporting a pagemaker file as a pdf, I go through flash paper, but all the graphics are exported with very low quality. They look the same when I print them.

The graphics I use are vector based, created in Adobe Illustrated, and render perfectly when I export them straight from AI into PDF format.

They graphics are all linked to a folder outside of the file. Everying should be right.

I understand the images are place holders while in pagemaker, and are low quality, but when I go through with the printing, they still look the same as the place holder. I dont understand, can anyone help?

In the Printer menu, under 'Options', make sure that the 'Send Image Data' box is set to 'Normal' NOT the default 'Optimised Subsampling' (which prints just the low-rez preview).

If I understand correctly, you are placing a vector graphic into pagemaker and printig from pagemaker without converting to pdf.

If that is the case the problem could be that your printer does not print vector graphics. (generally eps or ps file types.)

Check your printer specs to make sure that it is capable of printing the vector format and if it is designed to print vector graphics make sure you have the right ps driver on your computer.

I'm assume you're using PM7 on Windows XP and Distiller 6…

How are you getting the AI drawings into PM, and what file format are you using?

Check this page in the AdobeForums PM FAQs:

Look at:
3.1 - General Graphics Handling Recommendations
and
3.11 - Importing Adobe Illustrator Files (*.AI) and how they differ from *.EPS.

LIVERPOOL FC - 5 times Champions of Europe. 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back