Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exportin values into access via odbc is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretzer

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
hi

I want to export some values into an Access 97 mdb via ODBC. I installed the ODBC driver (Windows NT) and it seems to work fine. But the table created does not contain any values - it's totally empty.

Does anyone have experiences with the data transfer from CR 8.5 to Access 97? ODBC would be the easiest way, I think...

thank you in andvance

Martin

I'm having this same problem. I'm using CR 8.5, exporting to Access via MS Access Database and the report churns and churns spitting out 200,000 records into a NEW table, but I go to open the table and nothing is there. The fields are there, just no records.

Can anyone help?

Consider a new thread when a post is months old.

What connectivity are you using? If you're using direct, try ODBC and vice-versa.

Have you applied the hotfixes?:

Is anything suppressed or hidden in the report? Suppressed and hidden rows won't export. Try exporting to Excel, does that work?

If so then a quick fix would be to export to Excel and then import the sperasheet data into Access..

-k

There was a group footer that was suppressed and I unsuppressed it and tried to export via ODBC again, but that didn't help. I also tried exporting via ODBC to Excel. . .that also didn't work.
You mentioned exporting "direct" to Access? How do you do this? Is it possible?
I can export "direct" to Excel but there are > than 66,000 rows. . .so I end up having to export to a text file each time and then import that, which tends to be a hassle. This is something I struggle with on a weekly basis, so I was just trying to come up with a solution, rather than a work-around.

Thanks!
Kelly

Ahhh, OK, now I understand the requirement better, thanks.

Crystal will export to Access, but can only do so to a new table each time.

I didn't say anything about exporting direct, I asked what connectivity you were using, which you misunderstood.

Hotfixes address this type of problem, you made no mention of whether you tried that.

-k

Oops, I forgot to mention the hotfix. I did try that. No luck. :eek:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back