Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exported report Does Not Have Page Header and Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

krist

Programmer
May 30, 2001
ID
Hi guys,
I have problem in exporting a report (Crystal 8) to Word, Text or Excel.
The problem is in the target format, the report Does Not have Page Header or Line (that will normally appear if printed from Crystal).

In my requirement, I need to distribute the report to clients that DON'T have Crystal installed in their machine so that I have to export to other format other than Crystal format.

Thanks for usual help,
Krist

User can view a crystal report with runtime installed and provided that you develop a tiny application to call the runtime. (just like a VB Application calling a runtime)

I am not a CRW 8 user. I am not sure whether it can output pdf.

If you have a adobe acrobat, you can print it the the Distiller printer to create a pdf before distribution.

Hi,

I do have that tiny application to call the Crystal runtime, but what I want is send my exported report (e.g: Statement of Account) to the customer by mail, so they usually don't have that tiny application.

So, the point here is : if I want to export the report to other format, how to make it appear just like in Crystal ??
As I said before, I have tried exporting to text, excel and word, all displayed without Page Header or Line .

Thanks for help,
Krist

If you are using CR8.0 then use the extended version of Excel etc and this gives you more options l found.

Word should have a page header, if you preview in WORD (it doesn't appear in normal view). It might not carry graphics though.

You might try exporting to HTML, which keeps some graphics and allows multiple pages. Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

I have had the same experience with exporting Crystal reports. I have found that if I have a "Report Header" instead of just a "Page Header", the report will export to "Word" with the Header. This fixes the one-page reports, but I'm not sure what multi-page reports will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back