Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exported .dat file to csv file..changed info now need import back

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcreations

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Hi..I exported our Customer.dat file into a comma deliminated txt file. Sent it out to have it cleaned..duplicates removed etc. Now I need to be able to replace the existing Customer.dat file with the cleaned .txt file. How can I convert the information back into a .dat file.
I have version 7.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

The way we can do is U have to write a program to do so. U can write a program in C++ or VB , read the file .txt line by line store the record in the variables in a structure and the use the brtieve API function BTRV with the commant to insert. If U have the programing manual or help on Btrieve U will get the sample code to do that. U may directly import an XLS file too into btrieve. Make a database in Pervasive/Btrieve and create a table. Use the import feature to import a comma seperated file in to the table. Then U can export the file i.e the table to the dat file
try this it may help U
regards,
Jitendar

Thank you so much for your response . But I would have no idea where to start. I am not a programmer. Thanks anyhow though.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back