Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export video to vcd...lousy quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

misswho

Instructor
Oct 21, 2003
SG
I have edited the avi file in after effects and rendered in AE without any compression. Then arranged the video clips in premiere and finally export the final avi to MPEG cos I want to create a VCD.

Lastly, I'll burn the mpg file using NEro VCD options. However, the quality turns out not as good as I have expected. Is there any good ways to do this? Do I need any other softwares to convert the mpg file?? or using premiere is good enough.

First, don't use Premiere to encode to MPEG, encode to AVI. Use a third party encoder such as TMPGEnc to encode to MPEG.

Second, SVCD is much better quality than VCD. VCD is on par with VHS--grainy.

Try looking for a program called DVD2AVI online for starters. Potential helpful sites are
Good luck!

Hi Irsmith,

I have read a few articles on vcd and if that's the case I will be getting a DVD burner.

In Premiere 6.5, do I use the Mpeg encoder and stream in DVD? Is that ok? Or again I still need a third party software to do it?

Thank you for helping!

I wouldnt use Premier to do anything else but create avi's or mov files.

so far, nothing can beat Tsunami Mpeg Encoder for its ease of use, quick encoding and properly encoded files.

As WizyWig and I have said, do not use Premiere's MPEG encoder to use as a VCD/SVCD/DVD format. Output as an AVI, and use a third party MPEG encoder. The results will be *much* better.

With prices on DVD burners coming down these days, it's hard to justify VCD/SVCDs anymore, IMHO. Another problem with VCD/SVCD is they're not guaranteed to work in all DVD players. A particular format that works for one player may be incompatible with another. I've had success with all the above formats, but DVDs are really the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back