Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Vectors 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxman

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
Is there any way to export vectors to html? I once had a call accounting software demo I found on the net that exported to a real nice html interface and you'd click on a vector name on a webpage and it would take you to the line programming coresponding to it, etc.

I'd like some sort of call retrieval software that could do this - preferably freeware :) What do you guys use to get exported vector and station data including vector programming and steps, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any tips..

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

We use the Call Flow Extract from for retrieving all of our vector call flows. It saves your output to HTML and you can click on each link to follow your vectors.

We just downloaded their new version and they've added a program called DocIt. This program downloads just about every piece of configuration off our switch.
i.e. Stations + Station Detail, Trunk Groups + Trunk Group Detail

If you look at the 'Little Instruction Book for basic administration' they give you a list of what you should backup on paper for BRP. We are using this DocIt program to
do all of that for us.

It's not freeware, but there is a 10 day trial.

See ya
Barry

Wow - that program is awesome. Perfect! Thanks a million Barry. That just saved me hours and hours of manual disaster recovery printouts with the DocIT feature!@ Sweet!

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Does anyone know of such a program that will allow entry through a tracker system.
When we dial in we hit this first, this seems to stop the Utilcall software from working.

Thanks in Advance

John

I had the same problem using my data module on my digital line for my modem. I switched to a dedicated analog line, and got right in. Not sure why it didn't work, but using an analog line through my PC's modem direct worked right away.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

pbxman,

Here are the steps we used to get the Call Flow Extract to work with our data module

Go into ASA and copy your data module configuration into the Call Flow Extract.

Here are the steps:
Start ASA/DSA
select the target system that uses the data module
Select 'system' 'Properties'
Once the System Properties dialog box pops up
Click on your connection, and then click Properties
On the general tab click on 'Edit Devices'
Find your data module and click on it, and then select Edit
Highlight the entire initialization string i.e.:
ATM1V1&C1&D2S7=30, and right click your mouse, and select copy

Open up the System Configuration window (CFE), and select Configure System
Under the Modem Initialization selection, delete the contents, right click your mouse and select paste
Make sure the COM port you selected above matches the COM port used in ASA

Good luck!
Barry

you da MAN!...thats the stuff right there. Thanks a million, Barry - worked like a charm. Now I can give them back their fax line.. :) "Sorry, your fax line is being confiscated temporarily by IS".. hehehe

pbxman
Systems Administrator

what happens when you keep getting port does not exists with DSA

Welshman,
If you have customer access to the INADS port you can dial that number and get in without going through the tracker.

John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Hey pbxman,

I went back to Utilcall and downloaded the newest version of the Call Flow Extract and noticed that they added a new program called 'Mini Switch Audit'.

Have you tried it yet? I used it to check out all of my references to unused Vectors and it seemed pretty cool.

Barry

I'm currently using a serial cable to connect to my PBX via the data module. Can I use call flow extract in the method described above by Mclellan? I've done all the steps but how do you tell call flow extract to use serial and not a modem. Specifically, what would I use for the "dial up" number in call flow extract?

Would that be the comm port?

Thanks in advance for your help

No, I think you need to dial the @Netcon Group extension. Do a list hunt to find the hunt group, then display hunt for the extension number.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back