Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export transparent image,but the background is still white

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderluya

Programmer
Jul 23, 2007
CN
Hello
I have an image(double layers:transparent background+an image layer,a small gear),click help,select "Export transparent image->my image is on a transparent background",OK,next,whatever which option I choose(print,online->gif or png) to export it. The background of exported image is white.But when I open it in ps,the bg is transparent,strangely.I think it is a simple question,and I am programmer,and need this transparent bg image to represent my design idea,but take two hour to make it,but failed.Please help me,many many thks in advance

...and what software is this image being positioned in eventually?

is it a web-site you are creating or a commercial print project?

Andrew

Thks,when openning it with windows picture an fax viewer,i see the white backgrund.Eventually,I want to fill this image into another picture as background.

Apart from its rudimentary image rotating tool, and its TIFF annotation feature, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer only views, and does not edit images. The viewer is known to not render PNG images correctly at times. Even at a 100% zoom level, it sometimes causes entire lines to not be rendered, which can be very confusing when examining critical image data.

...I'm not a windows user but on mac os x here, i figure that the viewer application you are referring too doesn't preview transparency like photoshop will...

>>> I want to fill this image into another picture as background.

...can you do this in photoshop?

...is this going to be a web image or an image to print? what is the end use?

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back