Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to Word turning Letter to Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricJP

MIS
Dec 10, 2003
US
I use Crystal Reports 9.0 or 10.0. The default printer is an HP8100. I've tried setting the margins of the CR report to .5" all around, suppressing all but the detail and page headers. The Paper size in the printer setup dialog reads Letter. When I export to Word and open it in Word 2000, the papersize says 'custom' and the printout is in Legal format. If I change the papersize to Letter, Word puts a blank page between each data page.
If I print the report straight from Crystal it prints Letter size.
I send reports to lots of users in Word format, they need to be ablt to print them themselves and in Letter format.

Any fixes/suggestions to this situation?

Eric P

Hi,
Check the settings of your 'default' or 'standard' template in Word..It may be what is controlling the imported text.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I just noticed I named the thread incorrectly, it should read "letter to legal"

As for checking the 'default' Word template...I can do that on my local machine, but I create reports for about 20 people and have no control over their machines. We're on a County gov't WAN, I suppose if I can fix my template I could suggest to the Net Admin to push the template out to everyone...

Thanks for the suggestion Turkbear.

Eric P / MizarKey

I have tried updating the template (Normal.dot) file to have .5" margins all around and reexporting the crytal report (also set with .5" margins all around). But when I open the word doc it still gives me a 'custom' paper size of 8.5 x 11.5 and prints on Legal. This is driving me nuts. All the people I send these word docs to complain about the reports coming out on legal paper.

I guess I'll go look for updated dlls for the word export.

Eric P / MizarKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back