Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to PDF inserting blank Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDXer

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
US
I have report that has # charts and 2 matrix grids. Each of these is within a seperate List container to allow the graphs to generate based upon the groupngs.

The issue I am having is that when exporting to PDF for every page that has a graph or grid the next page is blank. I have gone through the pagebreaks for each list object and they are all set correctly. I have even gone to the point of removing all page breaks and this still occurs.

My page is
Width: 11
Heigh: 8.5

The with on all report elements is has a with of 9.25 which should allow enough margin area for the PDF conversion.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

possibly very slightly overlapping controls or controls set to allow expansion. When rendering to HTML, MS Excel or PDF, overlapping controls are not handled and are placed spuriously on the page - I have had this issue several times and it is normally a height or width setting that is set to something like 5.0945739276493cm rather than 5cm. This seems to happen regularly when copying controls so 1st thing to look at is the sizing and positioning of all your controls on the report...

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Hi,

I had this problem recently with exporting to pdf and resolved it by altering the margins and page size.

A landscape sheet of A4 paper is 210mm high x 297mm wide, however Acrobat was breaking the page until i reduced the width to 285mm and set the margins to 50mm.

Have a play around with these settings and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Leigh

The problem with common sense is that it isn't that common!

MDXer .... Did you ever solve your problem? I have a report with several tables, matrix grids and graphs on it. I too am having problems when exporting to PDF. I should have 5 pages but am getting 14 in my exported PDF file .. 9 blank pages.

Make sure that the body.Width of your report is less than report.width - left and right margins

I don't believe my people have solved this issue. We rated it as a lower priority but I am sure we will once again dive into the problem.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back