Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to pdf. Error Too many Color Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna

Programmer
Mar 30, 2000
IN
Hi

I am using CR 9.0. I exported a report t pdf from CR Viewer. But when I open the pdf file, I am getting an error message "Too many Coior Components". Why its hap[pening?

Thanx in advance

Regards
Krishna Kumar

Hi,

I got the same error. I have reported it to Crystal. After too much research, I foundf that this is happening because of text object justification. In my report there are many textbox objects whose horizontal alignment is "Justified". When I changed some of them (which are causing problems), error does not occur.

If you change horizontal alignment to "Left Justified", error would not occur. This error is reproduced at Crystal too.

Dipak

Dear Deepak

Thank you for your reply. I changed one of the texrt and it worked. But in some cases this error occured when the report goes beyonds the page margin.

I have a main report which has around 20 sub reports. There are covering page and the glossary page. In between in all the sub reports there are many texts. I have to show all these text as justified.

I think I have to manually insert space in the text to make it justified. Other than this, is there any workaround for this problem?

Regards
Krishna Kumar

I am having the exact same problem. I was just wondering if anyone found a solution to this problem yet??

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin

The only way to solve this problem is to find out the text which is causing the problem and making it left justified. But the trouble is that when you move this report to a new machine, some other justified text can cause this problem.
Since the report I develop recahes production server after passing through another 3 sets QA server, the error can come at any of these machines. This is a serious headache and could somebody who is watching this list could please tell me whther Crystal has solved this problem in any of its fiexes/patches?

Regards
Krishna Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back