Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export to executable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlerak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
Is there a way to save a report (8.5, 9 or 11) to an executable file, so I can deliver a report to somebody that does not have Crystal reports? Would there be a way to modify the target database in such a way?

Sorry, I meant two things:
1. is it possible to create a stand alone report executable?
2. if possible, would there be a way to specify a different database source in that executable (meaning, if I have to build a report using a local copy of a database, then build an executable to deliver to somebody else, can I respecify the source database to that somebody's local database?)
thanks

Versions before Crystal 9 provided a way to "compile" reports. In later versions, that option is no longer available. You can develop your own viewer application or consider the 3rd-party viewers listed at:
I'm aware of at least 1 such 3rd-party viewer that let's you (either interactively during the logon process or via a command line) reset the data source used by the report.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back