Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to Excel using Scheduled Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki83

MIS
Jan 16, 2014
GB
Hi Everyone..

I have recently taken over some reports from a colleague who left.

Originally there were 2 reports that were set up to run as part of a daily scheduled task to output to a saved excel spreadsheet, this spreadsheet is then part of another job that extracts it to a website.

I have recently been tasked with adding 2 new reports to this same process. I have done so, however when I compare my new reports to the old ones I notice that the columns are automatically expanded to show the data cleanly, however my output still has the columns bunched up and the spreadsheets are therefore not easily readable without manual manipulation.

I have tried everything to locate where the required setting is so that my reports work in the same way as the previous reports, but have not been successful.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Or should I be looking for an option in excel instead?

Thanks in advance!

Is anyone able to help me with this please?

Many Thanks

What tool are you using to run this process. Assuming it's a 3rd-party Crystal Reports scheduler, you should get in touch with the vendor of that software.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

This is a little vague, like Ido mentioned you will be using another 3rd party tool to schedule the automation (like Visual Cut, which is an awesome tool btw!). Somehow that software is interpreting information from Crystal to determine when to merge data, or separate columns etc.

I'll take a stab in the dark here, but from what you have said it's highly likely that you're looking at the sizing and separators inside Crystal. I don't know the technical name for them sorry, but here's a quick screen shot of what I mean They normally tell Excel to use a new column. Otherwise the sizing of the records / headers etc inside the report normally impact how Excel separates the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back