Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export To Excel Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg52

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
Using the HP Design Jet 3500CP driver and a page size of 24x108 inches, I have a report containing 38 fields. Picturing the report columns lettered like the columns are in Excel, when I export using Excel 8.0 Extended, column A in Excel begins with report columns X through AL. Column AL of the report is the far right (last) column in the report and is in column W in Excel. Column X in the Excel report then picks up with the report columns A through W.

In other words, the export is seemingly taking the report, spliting it down the middle and flipping it. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Using CR v8.8 with the what I believe to be the latest hot fix.
Excel 2000 (v9)

Are these fields all in the details?

Did you shrink the fields up?

It sounds like it thinks part of the section is before the other, I'd try creating another section (right click and use insert section below), then move some the items down and testing as you go. Perhaps there are some special characters in one of the fields causing this as well.

The point is to test partials by suppressing the current section and using part of the export at a time to isolate the offending part, or by dumb luck correcting it by simply doing this.

-k

synapsevampire - Thanks for replying. Shrinking the fields did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back